Dylan's A Day in the Bay Tour Winter Edition visits all of the Bay Area's top sights in one day. Your journey begins with a ferry voyage to Alcatraz Island before embarking on a drive to Sausalito for a scenic waterfront lunch. The tour continues to the majestic redwood forest of Muir Woods, concluding with only the best of San Francisco's beautiful sights. This tour retains our signature small group setting and is led by our legendary San Francisco local tour guides to give you a unique local experience.
Why take this tour?
If you want to visit Alcatraz, have a relaxing lunch in Sausalito, and see the highlights of San Francisco in one day, this is the tour for you.
- We explore Alcatraz, Muir Woods, Sausalito, and San Francisco
- Official Alcatraz Island Tour
- Small group setting (14 people max)
- Guided audio narration of Alcatraz Prison
***indicates where we stop
Adults* - $125
Children* - $95 (age 12 and under) - please see our FAQ page when traveling with young children
*Includes Official Alcatraz Island ferry & tour
**Does not include the $7 entrance fee to Muir Woods
1) Official Alcatraz Tour
- Meet at Pier 33 to board ferry
- Arrive by 8:45am
- 2-3 hour tour of Alcatraz
- Board the 11:55AM OR 12:25PM ferry back to Pier 33 to meet Dylan's Tours's guide
2) Pier 33 Parking lot
- Meet at Pier 33's Parking Lot.
- Arrive by 1:00pm
- Embark on a drive through Sausalito, a tour of Muir Woods before exploring back into San Francisco
Please note that starting June 1st Alcatraz tickets must be booked at least 4 days in advance. This policy is mandated by Alcatraz Cruises and does not apply to any of our other tours. Your official ferry departure will be either 3:20pm or 3:50pm depending on the date of booking. Please bring a valid photo ID to board your ferry. In addition, an average Alcatraz visit lasts 2-3 hours, however, return ferries are available every half-hour. This means your tour will be from 9:00am to 6:30pm. You will have to arrange transportation from the ferry (pier 33) to your next destination separately.