Although Brendan was born in Wales, he grew up in San Francisco. Like his older brother Dylan, Brendan is extremely passionate about travel and culture. He has been all over the world, from New York to Norway, but found no greater city on earth than San Francisco. If you have Brendan as your guide, get ready for tons of laughs and some amazing facts about San Francisco. Brendan is sure to deliver one of the most colorful and fascinating experiences around. When Brendan is not on a tour, he is zipping around town on one of our electric bicycles.
Rolando was born and raised in the vibrant Mission District of San Francisco. As a second generation Mexican-American, Rolando will take you back in time to Spanish colonial rule, and share with you the many stories of San Francisco's transformation to the present day. Rolando currently attends college in the city, seeking to major in industrial design. On his days off, you’ll find him either on a soccer field or indulging his passion for photography.
Andreas was born and raised in the Richmond district by parents who arrived on the West Coast in a Volkswagen hippie bus. He has also lived in short stints in Florida, Arizona, Colombia and abroad in Israel. Andreas studies political science at San Francisco State University with a minor in Spanish, and is a local food and nightlife enthusiast. Be forewarned, Andreas is a die-hard fan of San Francisco’s sports teams. On his days off, you can find him in one of the city’s many great parks, or venturing to the outskirts of the Bay Area to find a nature retreat.
Are you ready for something you never hear anyone say in San Francisco say? Fair warning, we hope you're sitting down. Leila's not just from San Francisco, she's a 5th generation San Franciscan! When this was still the sleepy town of Yerba Buena her great-great-great grandfather came here after riding in the short-lived Pony Express to find his fortune during the Gold Rush. Leila grew up learning San Francisco history from personal stories and anecdotes passed down through the generations and has a story, or two (or three) for every crack on the sidewalk! After obtaining a BA in Drama and Anthropology she immediately put to use her passion for storytelling and San Francisco by leading intimate tours of the city.
Samantha graduated from the University of San Francisco with a BA in History and is very happy to infuse her tours with history and humor. Samantha has lived and worked in many of San Francisco's neighborhoods including the Richmond, Potrero Hill, and the Tenderloin. After living in the Tenderloin, Samantha moved briefly to Sonoma County and enjoyed living in wine country. Even though she loves being back in San Francisco, feel free to ask her questions about what to do in Napa and Sonoma counties while on your tour.
Eli was born and raised 10 miles east of San Francisco in Berkeley before moving to SF to attend college at San Francisco State University. While completing his bachelor's degree in History he gained a passion for travel, and has done so extensively in Europe and Latin America, including a year-long exchange program at the University of Amsterdam. He was born with a terminal illness known as "being a fan of the Oakland Raiders" which has hampered his ability to live a joyous life. On his days off you can find him biking around the Bay Area or planning his next international adventure.
Dylan is a native San Franciscan with a passion for travel second to none. After spending many years traveling abroad, he settled back in his hometown of San Francisco and decided to incorporate his love of travel into a San Francisco sightseeing business. For the last seven years, Dylan has sought to provide the sightseeing experience he always sought for himself abroad: fun and exciting local guides that take you to the best destinations in an intimate, relaxed setting. Dylan's knowledge of San Francisco is unparalleled, and only his wife and two children can keep him away from sharing it with every tourist he encounters.
Per (pronounced "pear") has made San Francisco his home after (according to himself) growing up way too close to the arctic circle. A strong wanderlust has by way of Italy taken him to the city by the bay where he enjoys the mild climate in the Marina district. When he is not watching the Golden State Warriors or walking his dog Jimi, Per can be seen at his favorite pinball hangout FreeGoldWatch in the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood. His goal is to someday be ranked in the top 100 of all pinballers in the world. A good ear for languages enables him to converse about pinball, basketball, and where to get the best cannoli in town in German, Italian, Swedish, & English.
Here are some of our recommendations Of Other things to do in San Francisco...
- Ride on Dylan's Famous Tour and or Electric Bicycle Tour.
- Go to Alcatraz. Book in advance at www.AlcatrazCruises.com
- Watch the sunset over cocktails at the Top of the Mark Restaurant & Bar
- Walk along Crissy Field
- Enjoy a delicious “Super Burrito”! Try any taqueria between 16th and 25th Streets in the Mission District. La Taqueria is the best!
- Bicycle or walk across the Golden Gate Bridge
- On a sunny day, head to Dolores Park in the Mission District for a picnic and people watching
- On Saturday morning, head to the Farmer’s Market at the Ferry Building for local produce and specialty goods
- Attend a Giant’s baseball game at AT&T Park, America’s favorite past time
- Ride a cable car (choose between the Powell-Mason Line or Powell-Hyde line) $7 for one trip
- Walk through the oldest Chinatown in the U.S
- Spend an afternoon walking or biking through Golden Gate Park
- Check out all the action down at Fisherman’s Wharf (see Pier 39, sea lions, street performers)
- Spend an afternoon on a Mural Tour of the Mission (start at 24th Street and Mission Street)
- Check out all the shops along Haight Street (the most original shops in San Francisco!)
- If it’s not too cold, watch the sunset at Ocean Beach
- Go on a FREE walking tour with your city guide (see www.CityGuides.org)
Our Favorite Restaurants
- La Taqueria- (Mexican)- $
- House of Nanking- (Chinese)- $
- Osha Thai- (Thai)- $
- Sodini’s-(Italian)- $$
- Firenze By Night- (Italian)- $$
- Zuni Cafe- (California Cuisine)- $$
- Sotta Mare- (Italian and Seafood)- $$
- Ryoko’s- (Sushi)-$$
- Kokkari- (Greek)- $$$
- Capurro’s- (Seafood)- $$$
- Yank Sing- (Dim Sum)- $$$
- Gary Danko’s- (California Cuisine)-$$$
- House of Prime Rib- (Steak House)- $$$
- Harris- (Steak House)- $$$